New Plant Keeper Questions

Hi everyone,

I am new to keeping plants and came across this forum after doing my first order from the Coop. Few questions. 

- Looks like shipping was delayed an extra few days so the plants will be here Monday. They were shipped on the 3rd so 5 days in transit. Will the plants be ok that long? (Anubias nana petite , Anubias Barteri  and Java ferns)

- I am using a Kessil a80 tuna sun over a 10g tank. How long should my light cycle be and at what brightness?

- How often should I dose easy green? I water change 25-50 percent a week as this tank is moderately stocked. 

Thank you so much in advance to any help on these questions. 

Your plants should be fine.  The Coop packs them very well, and I’ve had plants delayed without any issues.  But if the come in beat up or something, e-mail customer service.  They are great about getting back to u.

I know nothing about ur light, so……

I would start with one pump a week and test your water daily to get a feel for things.  You want your nitrates between 20-40 ppm, if they u can’t keep them in that range adjust accordingly.  

good luck

• Like 1

On 3/5/2022 at 9:08 PM, SkaleyAquatics said:

As said above your plants should be fine. 

Are you using co2? Either way I would start at 60% brightness for 8 hours, you can choose to do a siesta or not it's up to you. 

Nah no CO2 just doing low tech epiphyte plants. Hopefully I can keep them alive for a while and then move onto more difficult ones lol.