DebD

😲This is the 1st time I've seen this cory in this 40g. He must of hitched in as an egg on a plant or piece of decor in May when I was moving plants and decor into my 40g & given his size. He has somehow avoided detection until now, despite weekly water changes. 😲 

The dark large dorsal got me curious.  I thought there was a slim chance he could be a hybrid with axelrodi I had moved from the tank when my bandits started to breed. But there is nothing I've seen in the Ln9 line that comes close even if it's something from his parents line. I had noticed fry I grew out to sell/trade having darker dorsals since but they're gone now and am starting a new round of fry. 

I'm wondering if this could be a mutation ? Below are photos of him and his choice of parents. 

20220220_200114.jpg

20220220_204733.jpg

20220221_084636.jpg

20220221_081602.jpg

20220221_084946.jpg

• Love 4

On 2/21/2022 at 8:52 AM, Guppysnail said:

Wow incredibly beautiful. It would be awesome if you could figure out how to get more. 

The parents breed weekly. I throw out a lot of eggs. I currently have 2 small groups of fry growing out (1 & 2mo old) and there may be some just like him in his future 🥰

• Love 2

On 2/21/2022 at 11:21 PM, Torrey said:

I am just... wow!

May you be able to identify the parents, and breed some more. The dorsal is stunning.

Well that group photo, those are dropping eggs weekly and parents are in that group. I have 20 or so itty bitties growing out. Time will tell 🥰😁

Edited by DebD