Can female Endlers give birth to fry from several males in one drop?

Root

Hello! This is my first time posting here šŸ˜Š My female endlers have been breeding with several different males of various colors and patterns here lately. I know females can hold sperm from males for so long, but in one drop can a female give birth to fry from several different males? My females are pretty pregnant right now and I am wondering if I will see fry of all sorts of colors and patterns or a ā€œyep, heā€™s the dadā€ type deal lol. Does anyone have experience with this? Thank you so much.Ā 

Im not certain 100% about endlers but I believe they are the same as guppies. Yes guppies can. The female stores many miles deposits and can pick and choose which to utilize from my understanding and reading. I read an article where the more different males the female breeds with the higher the number of fry. I know with my guppies. Ā When I purchase pregnant females letā€™s say my blue girls. I will get blue drops mostly however I get blue batches with orange tails. Iā€™ve had purple and other colors. Sometimes in the same drop sometimes in others. Iā€™m not sciencey so this may just be recessive/ dominant genes pulling through. Hope that helps a little you should see multiple colors unless you bought a specific line bred type that has been bred to breed true and even they throw odd colors occasionally. Again not certain how closely this holds true for endlers because their colors etc are not as diverse I think.Ā 

• Thanks 1

On 2/21/2022 at 4:49 AM, Paul R said:

Hello! This is my first time posting here šŸ˜Š My female endlers have been breeding with several different males of various colors and patterns here lately. I know females can hold sperm from males for so long, but in one drop can a female give birth to fry from several different males? My females are pretty pregnant right now and I am wondering if I will see fry of all sorts of colors and patterns or a ā€œyep, heā€™s the dadā€ type deal lol. Does anyone have experience with this? Thank you so much.Ā 

That one guy who was sad that snail hitchhikers Ā didnā€™t come in on his plants šŸŒšŸŖ“ šŸ˜‚

@Paul RĀ It's such an interesting thing to me, to see the crazy/different colors pop out on the fry my "mutt" guppies have.

There are many videos on Youtube that show the colors of fry from different crosses, you might enjoy them and you can see that the fry don't always look anything like what you'd expect from the two parents, and don't always look a lot like each other.

So if you see two juveniles from one set of parents, you might think they are only half siblings even if they are full siblings, if both parents are not the same strain and a tightly bred strain, at that.

This channel has several videos of crosses they show the fry from:Ā 

Ā 

• Like 1