What does recovery look like? Betta care for fungus

JoCinWB

My Betta had a cottony white spot on one fin. One week ago i followed the regimen 1 packet of Maracyn and 1 tsp of Ich-X per 10 gallons of water. The fuzz is gone. But the fin has not regained color. This sounds "cured" to me because the fin has been damaged by the fungus (presumably) but can anyone tell me if this is ok? Should I dose again?

And parameters (soft water here, I'm working on it):

GH 60, KH 40, Ph 7, zero nitrites zero nitrates

His color other than the affected fin is still gorgeous. 

Behavior: He was much more sociable a few weeks ago. Some days he's still coming right out for breakfast. Most of the time he stays by the sponge filter or in this little sort of nest he has in the pothos roots.

I often feed him in the hole in the top of the floating log and I do see him going in there now and then, he seems to be checking for food. He will only eat pellets and frozen brine shrimp, he gets the latter once a week on Wednesdays. Last Wed. he went after them in his normal (aggressive) way.

On 2/14/2022 at 2:47 PM, Colu said:

What's the temperature of your tank at and your ammonia levels as Betta do better at 80-82F long term to low of  temperature can cause health problems 

It's mid-70s. I will see if I still have an ammonia test.

On 2/14/2022 at 5:44 PM, Colu said:

What I would do is gradually increase the temperature to 80F and do a course of kanaplex in food it more broad spectrum antibiotic treatment 

Screenshot_20210806-030958~2.png

Thanks. Ammonia is 0 btw. How long before he regains color on the affected fin?

On 2/15/2022 at 1:12 AM, JoCinWB said:

btw. How long before he regains color on the affected fin?

It can take a while for the colour to come back in his fins sometimes the colour loss on the fins is permanent

Edited by Colu
  • Sad 1