What is my Vallisneria doing?!

Awesome! Thank you. Here are the stats for my tank if anyone is interested.

20g high, gravel substrate, Nicrew light, light is on a timer, 9.5 hours a day, tank has been set up for 16 months.

Only plant is Val, I fertilize .5 mL twice a week with Synthesis for plants. The tank runs at 7.6, 0 Nitrites, 40 Nitrates, 77 degrees.

0B3C49A6-8871-437C-BABA-F1111ACA954A.jpeg

C5A1A603-0A9B-463D-B704-02FD2341A67F.jpeg

• Love 1

On 2/6/2022 at 11:52 AM, Guppysnail said:

What is your gh. Your parameters  and setup is similar to mine and mine did an artificial plant impersonation. I didn’t use fertz though. Maybe that was my issue?

Vallisneria is an interesting plant. It's very much a boom or bust plant for me. If it doesn't melt, it will likely eventually thrive and grow like mad for you. I bought 25 jungle val plants about a year ago. Most melted away to nothing. One lone plant survived and just sat there for about six months then it started to grow. It's now about twenty or more plants and goes from the bottom of my thirty high, up to the top, across the top and back down the other side of the tank. I'm not doing anything to disturb it. I had a similar crop in that tank four years (or so) ago and added a Madagascar lace plant and all of the val melted within a week. It's a very easy plant to get to grow when it wants to, but it can also decide to just go away when it wants to. If yours is just sitting there like an artificial plant, it will likely boom in the not too distant future.