Fish Fasting

StockEwe49

I used to do this and there was no reason really why I stopped. I think partly because I am NOT an overfeeder. I might be an underfeeder if anything. They get fed 1x a day and just enough that they all seem to get a little bit. 

Fasting in general has been purportedly credited with prolonging lifespans, boosting metabolism, helping cardiac health, reducing inflammation. That's for us, but you can imagine if our fish were in the wild (as we were once lol) it could have benefits for them as well that may be similar- especially for those of us that do overfeed our tanks for one reason or another. At the very least it helps clear their digestive tract.

My personal observation when doing the 1 day fasting not being an overfeeder is my tank does stay cleaner (less waste either from what little food they didn't eat to them well, expelling what they don't use). With some species like say Guppies, they tend to pick off the substrate and plants, algae etc so they find "other things" to eat- again cleaner tank. 

Edited by xXInkedPhoenixX
Typos are lame
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/29/2022 at 6:39 PM, StockEwe49 said:

Hi everyone, I did not see many posts already made on this topic so, I wanted to get everyone's opinions on fasting your fish

Is this about not feeding for a day. I have not done that, although maybe 1 less feeding. Baby guppies want fed a lot.🤪

• Like 1