hasbrosus cory with red splotch

OllieAcorn

One of my hasbrosus corys has a red splotchy thing that looks to be internal. I don't know what caused it. It seemed to be acting more or less normal when I first observed it but now it is hiding.

using test strips: ammonia 0, nitrite 0, nitrate less than 10, ph around 7.2,

temp 76 F. No inhabitants that could have really wounded it I think, just other hasbrosus, CPDs, chili rasboras, ottocinclus, and some cherry shrimp and snails.

I've had these guys for over a month now. No signs of problems in any of them up until now.

All the others are looking/acting completely normal. Is this something I should be worried about spreading? Do I need to treat the fish and if so how? I don't want to stress it too much.

image.png

It died 😞 I'm pretty sure it was what people call red blotch disease. It progressed really fast from acting normal to acting off to not keeping balance to dead. I tried medicating with aquarium salt but it was already pretty bad by then.

I really hope that my other corys do not have the same problem. From what I read online it seems like it isn't super duper contagious. But I'll definitely be keeping a close eye and trying to see if there was any underlying cause.

Also I am going to get an antibiotic for any future times like these.

F for my lil dude 😢