Kieflow

Are there any vegetables that plecos cant eat? Right now the only vegetable I feed in addition to algae wagers and fallen fish food is zucchini. I want to start feeding them more variety. What is the best vegetable for them? And is there a list of things to avoid? Thanks!

According to the site I found :

Vegetables

Plecos can eat vegetables. Romaine lettuce, the tops of celery and other leafy vegetables provide a good plant food source. Slices of cucumber, parboiled zucchini and parboiled peas are welcome in the pleco's diet.

Meaty Treats

Once or twice a week, provide cut up earthworms, shrimp or bloodworms for your pleco to munch on. If you don't want to deal with live food sources, feed shrimp pellets, freeze-dried bloodworms or frozen bloodworms. These are OK as treats, but plecos are mostly plant eaters. You should never feed them protein on a daily basis.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ben Ellison said:

According to the site I found :

Vegetables

Plecos can eat vegetables. Romaine lettuce, the tops of celery and other leafy vegetables provide a good plant food source. Slices of cucumber, parboiled zucchini and parboiled peas are welcome in the pleco's diet.

Meaty Treats

Once or twice a week, provide cut up earthworms, shrimp or bloodworms for your pleco to munch on. If you don't want to deal with live food sources, feed shrimp pellets, freeze-dried bloodworms or frozen bloodworms. These are OK as treats, but plecos are mostly plant eaters. You should never feed them protein on a daily basis.

That heavily depends on the pleco species. In fact, most pleco species are actually more carnivorous. Some won't even touch vegetables. 

What was said here about feeding mostly vegetables and not protein is fine for the more herbivorous plecos, like bristlenose and other Ancistrus, but is straight up wrong for a large amount of plecos species 

1 hour ago, gcalberto said:

That heavily depends on the pleco species. In fact, most pleco species are actually more carnivorous. Some won't even touch vegetables. 

What was said here about feeding mostly vegetables and not protein is fine for the more herbivorous plecos, like bristlenose and other Ancistrus, but is straight up wrong for a large amount of plecos species 

I have common plecos 

12 hours ago, gcalberto said:

Bro I got a L333 which is a tiger pleco what is best to feed him I tried worms and he didn’t go for it ? In its defense it was in a box for 2 days before he got here might take him some time to adjust 

9 hours ago, Leo2o915 said:

Bro I got a L333 which is a tiger pleco what is best to feed him I tried worms and he didn’t go for it ? In its defense it was in a box for 2 days before he got here might take him some time to adjust 

I have l333s. They love frozen bloodworms, brine shrimp, thin slices of tilapia filet and sinking pellets. I haven't had success with earthworms and plecos either for some reason 

• Like 1