Variety of fish for 55 gallon

Babyanderson

Hello! I’m new to the hobby. 

I’m looking for some ideas on stocking my soon to be 55 gallon tank. I currently have two ten gallon tanks that have 5 glo Danio, 5 red neon tetras and two snails. I will be adding them to the 55 gallon. I would love a variety of fish/plants. What would everyone recommend and how many of each? 

• Administrators
On 1/24/2022 at 9:53 AM, Babyanderson said:

Hello! I’m new to the hobby. 

I’m looking for some ideas on stocking my soon to be 55 gallon tank. I currently have two ten gallon tanks that have 5 glo Danio, 5 red neon tetras and two snails. I will be adding them to the 55 gallon. I would love a variety of fish/plants. What would everyone recommend and how many of each? 

Here you go: 

Hi Zenzo,

I’ve watched this video a couple of times. It mentions some fish to stock but only by themselves. Can I stock all of these fish together that’s he’s mentioned? I guess what fish should I avoid adding together in the same tank and what fish work well together? 

Both of your YouTube channels have been greatly helpful. 

Bettta999,

Thanks for the information. I love your quote. 

• Like 1

• Administrators
On 1/24/2022 at 10:27 AM, Babyanderson said:

Hi Zenzo,

I’ve watched this video a couple of times. It mentions some fish to stock but only by themselves. Can I stock all of these fish together that’s he’s mentioned? I guess what fish should I avoid adding together in the same tank and what fish work well together? 

Both of your YouTube channels have been greatly helpful. 

Bettta999,

Thanks for the information. I love your quote. 

Happy to hear that you enjoy our channels!

No, you would not be able to mix all of the fish together that were mentioned in the video (for example, the African Cichlids).

I would say that nicely planted tetra tank would be good, and you could add some larger feature fish like angels, etc.