Betta tank

Leo2o915

Watch him. If he doesn’t seem to mind it is fine. If he looks like he is struggling getting swooshed or hiding behind things to get away it’s too much. Each betta is different as to how much they like/dislike or can/can’t handle. Congratulations on your new family member 

• Like 1

On 1/19/2022 at 6:03 PM, Guppysnail said:

Watch him. If he doesn’t seem to mind it is fine. If he looks like he is struggling getting swooshed or hiding behind things to get away it’s too much. Each betta is different as to how much they like/dislike or can/can’t handle. Congratulations on your new family member 

Well he is new so as soon as I put him in he hid behind a pleco cave 

• Like 1

On 1/19/2022 at 6:03 PM, Guppysnail said:

So have a Matten filter and sponge filter in my 10 gallon if disconnect the sponge filter only it should still be fine with the cycle right ? Or since no oxygen will be going through can it cause water quality problems ? 

It depends on how well established your matten is and your tank. How many plants etc. there are so many variables testing regularly after unplugging is the only wat to determine in my opinion. The sponge needs the dirty water to get to it for the bb to work so some flow at least through the tank is needed. It won’t be as affective but left in tank it still has some affect.