Unknown Deficiency?

JoeQ

I know I have a potassium deficiency going on, but is this also part of it; green leaves with yellow veins? I can't seem to find info on any deficiency chart, could this be a disease instead of a deficiency? 

20220113_100604.jpg

Edited by JoeQ
Punctuation added to title

Mmiller, not sure what you mean by dosing numbers, but I use ez green and FlorinMulti on separate days.

Jack: im not positive its a deficiency. Id just like to know if a green leaf with bright yellow vein was a sign of a deficiency or disease.

20220113_112437.jpg

On 1/13/2022 at 7:14 AM, JoeQ said:

I know I have a potassium deficiency going on, but is this also part of it; green leaves with yellow veins? I can't seem to find info on any deficiency chart, could this be a disease instead of a deficiency? 

20220113_100604.jpg

Hi @JoeQ

What size tank?  What are you dosing for nutrients?  How much and how often?

There is a deficiency that can cause this but it is not a common one.
 -Roy

It's a 36g bowfront, this issue has been bothering me for awhile, but up until recently I have not had any other obvious deficiencies. I dose 2 squirts of ez green after a water change and the following day 2ml of FlorinMulti. From there it's usually 1 squirt/ml of each on opposing days. I have been guilty in the past of keeping my water too clean with too many water changes, resulting in my nitrates being too low which can be a possibility.

Edit: and days off where i dose ez iron and now potassium.

20220113_131547.jpg

Edited by JoeQ
Additional information
  • Like 1

Using squirts as a dosing amount dose not help us help you. Can you please convert that to ppm and in per week totals.

NO3 ?ppm 

PO4 ?ppm 

K.     ?ppm 

Fe ?ppm and other Micros.

Also, what is your GH and KH?

We are here to help, but you have to put in a little bit of effort to provide us the information we need. 

Edited by Mmiller2001

On 1/13/2022 at 10:29 AM, JoeQ said:

It's a 36g bowfront, this issue has been bothering me for awhile, but up until recently I have not had any other obvious deficiencies. I dose 2 squirts of ez green after a water change and the following day 2ml of FlorinMulti. From there it's usually 1 squirt/ml of each on opposing days. I have been guilty in the past of keeping my water too clean with too many water changes, resulting in my nitrates being too low which can be a possibility.

Edit: and days off where i dose ez iron and now potassium.

20220113_131547.jpg

Hi @JoeQ

I downloaded your photo, enlarged and enhanced it, and other than that one species showing lighter leaf veins compared to the interveinal areas I see no issues with your plants.  If the problem was what I suspected your newer leaves would start to turn yellowish and I am not seeing that.  Nice healthy looking stems btw! -Roy

• Thanks 1

Thanks for that, I love to let the stems grow as tall as possible then mow them down, replant the tops and grow them again! Sadly I'm horrible at aquascapping, trimming to promote bushy growth and anything non stem related! 🤣

On 1/13/2022 at 7:39 PM, Seattle_Aquarist said:

Hi @JoeQ

I downloaded your photo, enlarged and enhanced it, and other than that one species showing lighter leaf veins compared to the interveinal areas I see no issues with your plants.  If the problem was what I suspected your newer leaves would start to turn yellowish and I am not seeing that.  Nice healthy looking stems btw! -Roy

• Like 1

On 1/13/2022 at 5:58 PM, JoeQ said:

Thanks for that, I love to let the stems grow as tall as possible then mow them down, replant the tops and grow them again! Sadly I'm horrible at aquascapping, trimming to promote bushy growth and anything non stem related! 🤣

Here's the chart I started out with, I know that sometimes the math is not an option. 

LINE_1590950663622.jpg.730fe639e108f63151a10ccc5c3fe579.jpg

I agree with Roy, your tank looks good!