help cory problem getting worse

BETTA999

That doesn't sound like a disease, more like stressed out. Idk too much about dealing with stress, but here's some questions for more information where someone else can help if they knew it
How many Corys do you have?
Tank size?
Is this cory the smallest?
Do the others treat it poorly?
Does it get out competed for food at eating times?
Is there many hiding places?

There doesn't appear to be any obvious physical abnormalities or symptoms of a disease visible.
I have 4 emerald corys and the smallest one sometimes is away from the others and hiding in a well covered area, or won't emerge from said area for most of the day.

On 1/9/2022 at 6:57 PM, bettta999 said:

guppy snail im gonna tell something a little embarrasing i dont have test strip because there expensive where i live li 20 cost 17 dollars

I understand. Ill try to help you. In the last few days you have posted several topics that each alone could be many different things. All together points to the tank is not handling the amount  of food you are putting in. I can have a tank running for years. All of a sudden i get fry (your betta fry) or other fish and naturally im double or tripling  the food im adding. The tank does not have enough bacteria to handle it. This means you must increase your water changes alot. Since you cannot test vac out any leftover food in the evening so it does not rot overnight. Do small daily water changes since you cannot test. If the excess biofilm and fish stress and plant health does not improve increase further. You asked about fertilizer as well if you cannot test I recommend not using any. I use none at all but do tons of water changes my plants thrive like crazy. Good luck i hope that helps

• Like 4

guppy snail and patrick G i cant thank you enough

when i started my tank i didnt have any problems then alge appear i had betta fry and had to make like 4 different live foods my cory started acting wierd and now my fry are beating up on each other🥵

We are here to help. Try a journal so all your issues are in one place. Folks can more accurately help. I just happened to notice all you different issues and what was going on when they combined. I promise to read it and help where i can or point you to folks who can. Small Water changes and lots of them will be your best friend in this situation 

• Like 1

On 1/9/2022 at 11:57 PM, bettta999 said:

20 cost 17 dollars

Ouch, for a few years I only tested for Ammonia as with a single liquid test didn't even think about nitrates at the time. Maybe that could work out more cost effective.  But in the mean time just keep up with the water changes and leave your algae alone. 

I have kept health fish in green tanks it's not pretty but it helps

• Like 1

On 1/10/2022 at 1:01 PM, Flumpweesel said:

Ouch, for a few years I only tested for Ammonia as with a single liquid test didn't even think about nitrates at the time. Maybe that could work out more cost effective.  But in the mean time just keep up with the water changes and leave your algae alone. 

I have kept health fish in green tanks it's not pretty but it helps

yes i have left my alge alone but any way my parents tell me to remove the string alge or i cant have my aquarium

On 1/10/2022 at 12:50 PM, bettta999 said:

yes i will do that never tought of using a fork

A never used, brand new toothbrush is also very effective at removing hair algae (use as Guppysnail indicated for the fork), as well as removing 'blue green algae' (cyanobacteria)

• Like 1

@bettta999 Aquarium Co op has multi test strips, 200 for $16.99 plus shipping If you order less than $59 total. And you can cut them in half. It is a great place to shop.

Amazon has a lot of test strips for nitrate and nitrite with high rating for less.

Look on eBay and craigslist too. Someone might have some to sell/rehome. 

I floated a turnip in my tank and it sucked out a lot of nitrates and nitrites.