CO2 help

Hi, I am currently transitioning my 320 gallon aquarium from a very low tech tank ,that only uses a shop light, to a high tech tank. I have ordered two fluval 3.0 48 inch lights and all the necessary CO2 equipment. I was wondering how many bubbles per minute of CO2 I should do for the tank. Thank you!

5CF53319-16DC-4DD9-8D56-6D4C7D655C51.jpeg

Edited by john2436753
  • Like 1

Hello, I recently did a similar transition.  My tank is 210.  I also am running 2 48” Fluval 3.0 lights.   I had trouble with getting the CO2 right at first.  What I did was buy a dual regulator with 2 bubble counters.  I put the diffusers on either side of the tank.  I looked into a CO2 reactor but decided to try and have the diffusers bubble into the intakes of my 2 FX6 filters.  I read conflicting opinions on this method but the majority I saw said it was ok so I went with it.   So far so good on that.  This solved my CO2 issue.  My indicator turned green that day.  I also confirmed using the chart where you use your PH and KH to check CO2 levels.  That confirmed the indicator reading.  As far as bubbles I think that can be different depending on pressure and different regulators.   I would say both mine are at 2 to 3 a second.   I would start slower and adjust up,   I did initially have a BBA issue and I had to remove some plants and decorations and sprayed with H2O2.  I also started dosing Easy Carbon for the algae.  I use East Green twice a week  and have been very happy with the results using that.  I do not consider myself an expert but these things worked for me. I find that much of the fun of having an aquarium is maintaining it and getting it tuned to how you want it.  Good luck with your journey!   😀

• Like 1

I am also fairly new to co2, but have been having decent success in my 75g. I do use easy green, and rotated through a few inline diffusers before I finally bit the bullet and got a GLA co2 Reactor (even the inline diffusers were causing a mist, which isn't necessarily bad but I hate it).. 100% dissolution and my plants pearl almost immediately when its turned on. I have about 2 bubbles per second going and measuring the KH and PH and using the chart shows me in the green. 

The bubbles per second is a good way to start, but start slow and definitely measure your KH and PH to get a more accurate reading. The resource HotTuna mentioned is great and there are a ton of other videos explaining things as well.

Best of luck!

• Like 1