chili rasbora feeding

Papagoomba

On 1/1/2022 at 11:28 PM, Papagoomba said:

ok cool. just wanting to make sure before i go out and get some

You’ll like them.  They’re cool little fish.  They are definitely happier in a bigger group.  Mine hid a lot until I got to about 30 of them, but it’s a busy tank.  I have no idea how many are in there now.  They still hide a fair bit of the time, or really it’s like they have claimed the corner with my Amazon swords, so I just don’t see them as much as I see others.  They do stay very small, so be careful about what you put in with them.

I have been thinking about doing the same in my shrimp tank. I've been hesitant because I worry that the chili's will eat all the shrimplettes. If you do go with chili's I'd be curious to see how you're doing with them in a few months. 🙂

I do like my shrimp tank being their "sanctuary" though. They're fun in a species only tank.

On 1/1/2022 at 9:23 PM, Papagoomba said:

So ive heard that they pretty much only like to eat mid water. My question is what if i put a feeding dish suction cupped to the side of the tank about mid water? Would they eat repashy from that since its mid water?

I do this for my chili rasbora and my honey gourami. They go right for it. Sometimes my honey gourami and my kuhli loaches will eat together. 

Instead of a dish, I affixed a few small rocks I glued together to a suction cup. I coat the rocks before the gel has cooled and let it set. Then I put it in my community tank and they love it. 

On 1/2/2022 at 5:28 AM, Guppysnail said:

I dip bamboo skewers in repashy and suction cup them to the wall. All my fish eat from them and it’s easy to do. 

FD802325-22D1-4124-9D5A-EB7D0F091BB8.jpeg

ill have to give the bamboo sticks a try. ive tried roling some small pvc in the repashy and freezing it to feed to my otos but as soon as it thaws in the aquarium it ends up just coming rite off

On 1/2/2022 at 4:32 PM, Papagoomba said:

ill have to give the bamboo sticks a try. ive tried roling some small pvc in the repashy and freezing it to feed to my otos but as soon as it thaws in the aquarium it ends up just coming rite off

Rapid boiling water in the repashy helps it stick and cooled at room temp then refrigerate then i use a food saver then freeze. It adheres well to bamboo. If i do it any way but these steps (foodsaver optional) it falls off