Group quarantine?

Rita

Hey guys!

so I’d like to add some corydoras and ember tetras to 2 of my established aquariums, and I am planning to putting them in quarantine with the med trio.

My question is can I quarantine 2 different kind of fish at the same time? Is there a reason I would need to quarantine them and medicate them separately? 

Thanks in advance,

Rita

• Like 1

Hey Rita! I've gotten fish before and have put them in the same medicated quarantine tank before while waiting for them to go into their permanent tank. I would just make sure you don't do to many fish in one tank at a time so the filter doesn't crash. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/28/2021 at 12:16 PM, Ashlyn said:

Hey Rita! I've gotten fish before and have put them in the same medicated quarantine tank before while waiting for them to go into their permanent tank. I would just make sure you don't do to many fish in one tank at a time so the filter doesn't crash. 

Ok thank you!
My plan was for 5 embers and 4 Cory’s in a 10 gal with an established 10 gal sponge filter from one of my other tanks.

• Like 1

On 12/28/2021 at 3:20 PM, Rita said:

My plan was for 5 embers and 4 Cory’s in a 10 gal with an established 10 gal sponge filter from one of my other tanks.

That sounds fine. I've quarantined different kinds of fish together several times--white clouds, guppies, platies, mollies, otocinclus. As long as they aren't fish that will predate each other and they require the same temperature range so you're not stressing them out by keeping one species at another species' preferred temperature, I don't know of a potential problem.

• Thanks 1