Still amazed at the no clog air stones

HotTunaCartel

Just about done cleaning up the diatom outbreak from a month ago.  I wanted to stop gravel vacuuming every other day and disturbing the substrate so I threw an air stone in with a plant weight around the bottom.  I'm kind of amazed that the upward water movement from the air stone is enough to dislodge some of the last remaining diatom chunks.

Since then I have used it  in my blackwater tank to dislodge some of the scum that builds up and allow it to get into the water column for the pre intake filter to remove it.    

no clog

On 12/28/2021 at 10:22 AM, Guppysnail said:

These airstone are divine especially in my hard water. I love that I can pull them out of the airline to reuse elsewhere without them disintegrating. 

I agree.  I used to use the old style air stones in my hydroponic systems but I had to have a bunch to get even flow from them, I kinda wish there were around 10 years ago.  

• Like 1

On 12/28/2021 at 5:56 PM, Cory said:

Blue felt is original, the green is the new felt. I believe the blue was slightly more coarse.

ahh ok, I haven't had any issues with the green.  If they get dirty I kinda tighten it down more and wipe the brown stuff that comes off of it then readjust it