what is my pH? 3 tests disagree with eachother

Baron

I'm willing to assume 7.4. When my low range shows that high, the high range helps me narrow it down. If it's the color you're getting, I assume maximum 7.4. 

The strip test I'd perform again.  It would be strange that it would be that far off from the Master Testkit. 

i had done the strips a few times before assuming the water was around 6.0 but decided to see what it really is with the master kit as i only really use the strips for rough numbers

every time they were sharp yellow like that

When I first got into the hobby I knew just enough not to kill my fish within the first 30 days lol. As time when I realized more and more how much I enjoyed the hobby.  I than started researching the variety of fish in my aquarium and started freaking out cause I had a 55G with 3 Oscars 3 Angles a couple common plecos and a Gold fish all crammed in a 55G.  Than I found @Cory on the Tube and than realized how much I was doing wrong lol. Back to the fish store I went to return the Gold Fish, Oscars, and both common plecos. I kept the Angles and added some bristle nose plecos.  This whole time my PH was staying right at almost 9 and the more I researched it I kept hearing that its better to have a consistent PH rather try to chase one or try altering it.  Consistency is key.   Unless your a high end breeder or are doing crazy hard shrimp like myself  PH would be the last thing on my mind as long as all the live stock look and act happy!  A stressed fish is obvious they hide alot they stop eating and just look sick.   This was super long and half of it probably not needed but I guess I felt the need to include it lol. Hope this helps

• Like 1

I'd say the same others have - 7.4.

I can't see what brand of test strip you used, but I'd trust the API master kit instead. I've only found Tetra and Aquarium Co-op test strips to be trustworthy. Others can be wildly different, and I was horrified how far different a couple of them were when I decided to test a whole set of strips against the master test kit.