To laugh or to cry...

eatyourpeas

On 12/9/2021 at 10:35 AM, OnlyGenusCaps said:

Having read the most recent section of the thread from bottom to top, this definitely caught my eye.  Had it not been NJ, that might be a new low water mark for performance. 

They may end up in the Middle East before this is all said and done but for now, they're in Queens NY. So, they've gone from 116 miles away to 134 miles away and left the state. Not trending in the right direction, but we'll see what happens. The post office still says they'll be here Saturday. I'd assumed they'd go from Lebanon NJ to the South Jersey Distribution center in Swedesboro, then here but no. They went to NY instead. 

On 12/9/2021 at 10:02 AM, gardenman said:

They may end up in the Middle East before this is all said and done but for now, they're in Queens NY. So, they've gone from 116 miles away to 134 miles away and left the state. Not trending in the right direction, but we'll see what happens. The post office still says they'll be here Saturday. I'd assumed they'd go from Lebanon NJ to the South Jersey Distribution center in Swedesboro, then here but no. They went to NY instead. 

wait til they send em to alaska for a visit. that'll eat up a few days!😎

Edited by lefty o
  • Haha 1

And the Anubias Congensis arrived a day early. Yea! I just unpacked them and plopped them in tanks. Each pot held two rhizomes so I ended up with four plants instead of two. Nice! Total cost was $14.37, so not too bad. (About $3.60 per plant.) Here's a pic of them after being unpacked, unpotted, and the rock wool mostly picked off. Temperatures were 66 and 69 degrees for the two pots, so not bad for December. Now I'll see how they grow. (If they grow, but they should. Plants being plants though you never know.) Pretty nice root systems on each rhizome and no obvious signs of snails. (I already have a ton so not a biggie for me either way.) Rhizome rot is always a potential issue with Anubias, but the rhizomes look nice and healthy. We'll have to see what happens with them, but so far, so good. 

By the way, a note for everyone selling plants, if you tell us how many plants come (on average) per pot it might help you sell more plants. I was expecting one rhizome per pot and got two which isn't a problem, but it cuts the cost per plant in half. I was thinking I was paying about $7.20 per plant and I ended up paying about $3.60 per plant. For those of us on a budget it can make buying decisions easier to know we're playing $3.60 a plant instead of $7.20. 

IMG_20211210_101900132.jpg

Edited by gardenman
  • Like 5

On 12/10/2021 at 9:47 AM, gardenman said:

And the Anubias Congensis arrived a day early. Yea! I just unpacked them and plopped them in tanks. Each pot held two rhizomes so I ended up with four plants instead of two. Nice! Total cost was $14.37, so not too bad. (About $3.60 per plant.) Here's a pic of them after being unpacked, unpotted, and the rock wool mostly picked off. Temperatures were 66 and 69 degrees for the two pots, so not bad for December. Now I'll see how they grow. (If they grow, but they should. Plants being plants though you never know.) Pretty nice root systems on each rhizome and no obvious signs of snails. (I already have a ton so not a biggie for me either way.) Rhizome rot is always a potential issue with Anubias, but the rhizomes look nice and healthy. We'll have to see what happens with them, but so far, so good. 

By the way, a note for everyone selling plants, if you tell us how many plants come (on average) per pot it might help you sell more plants. I was expecting one rhizome per pot and got two which isn't a problem, but it cuts the cost per plant in half. I was thinking I was paying about $7.20 per plant and I ended up paying about $3.60 per plant. For those of us on a budget it can make buying decisions easier to know we're playing $3.60 a plant instead of $7.20. 

IMG_20211210_101900132.jpg

them arent bad looking. one leaf is a little pale, but the rest are a nice shade of green. id say they made the trip nicely.

On 12/10/2021 at 11:46 AM, lefty o said:

them arent bad looking. one leaf is a little pale, but the rest are a nice shade of green. id say they made the trip nicely.

I think they look better than the ones in the photo I saw when I bought them. They're pretty nice plants.

• Like 3