New plants

The Superglue will set quickly when it comes into contact with the water on the driftwood, but if you work quickly, you can definitely do it. Don't lollygag or dawdle. Be ready to put that plant in place immediately. Works like a charm, though. 🙂

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies.  I think I will use some string to see where I want to exactly place them and the put a dab of glue when I figure that out. 

With anubias being a slow grower should I space them out for room for the rhizomes to grow along the driftwood? They're anubias nana petite and going on a 7 inch piece of driftwood in a 5 gallon. I assume like most rhizomes plants they creep along sending leaves upward and the rhizome just gets longer. Is that true for anubias in general?

• Like 1

@mtnmonster Depending on the look you want, you can tuck them fairly close together or spread them apart.  I have a couple clumps that I put small rhizomes fairly close together to have a more focal visual impact but I do try to leave them room to grow.  Sometimes I spread them out and try to somewhat randomize them to try for a more natural look.

I placed them close but tried to aim the rhizome towards the ends of the wood. Still working on the placement. Added a nano sponge filter and will be removing the internal filter once bacteria has a chance to build up. 

Just some patience now and see where it goes.

This is my 2nd planted tank. I've learned alot so far here, youtube, and from my other tank. My planted 10 gallon is thriving and actually handing the temporary overstocked with ease. Hopefully this one and my other will follow suit.

Here's the 5 gallon so far. The crypt and dwarf sag is really taking well so far. I will be upgrading the light soon so the dwarf sag will stay shorter and hopefully carpet that side of the tank. The female betta is camera shy so she's hiding in the picture 20211204_220733.jpg.74ab4723e51051920aeb0b326f171a1c.jpg