Rare tetra? Fire Ant Tetra - Hyphessobrycon myrmex

Captain Salad

On 12/1/2021 at 6:41 AM, Captain Salad said:

Think I am in love with a tetra featured in this video , the "Fire Ant Tetra" - Hyphessobrycon myrmex but literally can't find any information on them, anyone have any experience with these guys? 

Very new species to be catalogued…

6D0A4DCB-F5A1-4CAF-9623-CEEA71B488E5.jpeg.8da1662533472c1257a7a313c1153e33.jpeg

Not sure where you’d find them…

• Like 1

Thanks, @Captain Salad, now I need to find some Jelly Bean tetras (Ladigesia rolofii)!  😉 😂  No doubt it will be as impossible as the hummingbird tetras I want (thank you, @Fish Folk.  Weren’t you the one that posted the video of these?

Oh, and I should be getting my Betta persephones in early January.  Do you just find unusual and obscure fish you want but don’t have room for and gently suggest them to others to try out?  😆 

• Like 1

On 12/2/2021 at 10:46 AM, Captain Salad said:

Ill see your Jelly Bean tetras and raise you a Neolebias powelli, bet they are even harder to find! 🙂 

When you do a search for a fish and you don’t even find a common name and very little information beyond the scientific description?  Yep, I think you’re right about being difficult to find.  😆 

But they are interesting and beautiful!

On 12/4/2021 at 1:36 PM, Wes L. said:

I know we're not supposed to post links to other web sites, however @Odd Duck& @Captain Salad maybe if I just say the name that is fine?......Aqua-Imports sells both the hummingbird and jelly bean tetras. Now let's see if I get banned.

I’m on their waiting list for both already.  Just added the Jelly Beans but I’ve been on the list for hummingbirds for around 3-4 weeks now.