What is this fry?

Alec

I bought some gold dust mollies and there was a baby fry in the tank with them. I assumed it to be a gold dust fry but it doesn't show the yellow color. Is this a gold dust molly or something else? Hopefully the video shows it enough . 

• Love 2

On 11/27/2021 at 8:29 PM, Brandon p said:

Are you worried about being a molly or that it’s a different color molly

I figured it was a molly, but it doesn't appear to be the same gold dust molly. I got them from a petco so it could very well be a different kind of molly. 

I would remove that one to something a gallon or a big Tupperware. I use faint chess ball containers or pretzel containers from Walmart. Give it air and see if it changes color. I have fry that change as they grow. Or that it back to pet I, they will normally replace fish if they give you the wrong kind

• Like 2

On 11/27/2021 at 8:38 PM, Brandon p said:

I would remove that one to something a gallon or a big Tupperware. I use faint chess ball containers or pretzel containers from Walmart. Give it air and see if it changes color. I have fry that change as they grow. Or that it back to pet I, they will normally replace fish if they give you the wrong kind

You could do that. Or you could add tons of floating plants like hornwort, anacharis, guppy grass so the parents can’t eat him. Is there any more fry?

• Love 1

On 11/27/2021 at 9:40 PM, Taco Playz said:

You could do that. Or you could add tons of floating plants like hornwort, anacharis, guppy grass so the parents can’t eat him. Is there any more fry?

He's the only one. I actually bought him when I got the full grown Molly's. He's been I. There for weeks with them. Too big to eat. I do have some hornwort and duck week. Would like to get some guppy grass. 

• Like 1