THE GREAT CANISTER FILTER DEBATE!!!

Kittkat1981

On 12/8/2021 at 4:33 PM, dmurray407 said:

I love Fluval 07's as well-though I haven't ever tried any of the other cannister's. I recently went from 307 to 407-I think I read that the Fluval inline UV clarifier wouldn't work on the FX and I love my set up so I just stayed with the same series.

I use the fluval inline uvc cleariser on my 307 very easy to attach sorted my green water problem

On 12/8/2021 at 12:30 PM, Colu said:

I use the fluval inline uvc cleariser on my 307

On 12/8/2021 at 12:30 PM, Colu said:

I use the fluval inline uvc cleariser on my 307 very easy to attach sorted my green water problem

That's why I wanted to stick with the 07 series-I love the UV filter but don't think (not 100% sure) that it will work with the FX series.

On 12/8/2021 at 12:46 PM, dmurray407 said:

That's why I wanted to stick with the 07 series-I love the UV filter but don't think (not 100% sure) that it will work with the FX series.

It won't fit the FX series, different sized hoses. I have the UV filter on my 207. Couldn't tell you if it works or not, but I do know I have it turned on.

On 12/8/2021 at 6:55 PM, Chad said:

have the UV filter on my 207. Couldn't tell you if it works or not, but I do know I have it turned on.

After fighting a persistent green water problem for months on my gold fish tank it cleared it up i have set the timer for 6 hours a day and that enough to keep my water nice and clear at Frist I had to have it on 24hr a day and gradually scaled it back 

• Like 1

On 12/8/2021 at 12:55 PM, Chad said:

Couldn't tell you if it works or not, but I do know I have it turned on.

My water was looking really cloudy. My old UV filter (Green Killing Machine) was hitting the point where I was going to need to replace the bulb and my 307 filter was acting up. The Fluval UV filter came first and made a huge difference and then when I switched to the new 407 filter a few days later, my water became crystal clear.  So, I'm not sure which one had the biggest impact, but I'm happy with my system 🙂

• Like 1

On 12/8/2021 at 1:08 PM, Colu said:

After fighting a persistent green water problem for months on my gold fish tank it cleared it up i have set the timer for 6 hours a day and that enough to keep my water nice and clear at Frist I had to have it on 24hr a day and gradually scaled it back 

That's great to know! I added mine on day one since I bought it and the canister filter at the same time. Now this is only my two cents, so take it with a grain of salt, but I might suggest you keep it running all the time vs 6 hours a day. The power it uses is small and lights burn out most often due to being switched on and off. Also, I don't think they're all that great at killing stuff in a pass or two. They're just not powerful enough. But with lots of constant passes? Now that might be something worthwhile.

• Like 1