Feeding a Pleco Antibiotics?

eolith

So... my juvenile clown pleco appears to have ich, although it could also be epistylis? I'm still relatively newish to fishkeeping, but I'm definitely trying to do my research and help this guy out any way I can.

I'm on day 4 of 30% water changes and treating the tank with Ich-X. He's looking just as bad, if not worse. Am I just being too impatient? He's still fairly active, but doesn't appear to be eating much of anything (I've offered cucumber, yellow squash, Hikari algae wafers, etc).

I'm thinking I should try to treat with some antibiotics as well, in case it is epistylis? Would it work to mix an antibiotic into some Repashy? Any other suggestions for ways to prepare antibiotics that he might actually consume?

cropped pleco.jpg

• Like 1

Kanaplex is the best antibiotic treatment for Epistylis I would add it to repashy  as @HH Morant suggested if your using kanaplex in food you can keep treating with ick x to cover all bases he's how you can tell the difference between ich and Epistylis1058680032_Screenshot_20210915-1956572.png.86d9b2b584a0f632bbc7fdf1faf5b8c1.png

Edited by Colu
  • Like 1