Lethargic apisto

Kyle murfitt

Bought a pair of of double red agassizi 3 days ago,  female is happy healthy and curious. But the male is in bad shape. He seemed stressed at the store , and since bringing him home he's been very lethargic , staying at the surface, not quite staying upright . Put him into a mature quarantine tank with aquarium salt . If anyone has seen fish do similar or know what might be happening pleeeease let me know. 

Parameters. 

Ammonia- 0ppm, nitrates 10 ppm, notrites 0, ph 7 (same as the fish store ) kh 40 gh 120 water temp 75 f. 

Thanks 

Small tip: when you don't have access to one medication so you're trying to find an alternative with the same active ingredients: go to the manufacturer's website. API, Seachem, etc- it's not always apparent on the product page but they have to post a "safety sheet" per OSHA for handling/hazards etc. The ingredients are listed usually about half way in the report under "mixtures". That's what I did when I was looking up meds to treat a fish of mine this week.

Sometimes the clue is in the name but if you don't know what say Nitrofurazone is, FURAn isn't going to clue you in.

Edited by xXInkedPhoenixX
1 more thing.
  • Thanks 1