Is my tank big enough for multiple "schools"?

Ogpulchra

I have a heavily planted 40g breeder with:

17 kuhli loaches

15 strawberry rasboras

7 clown killifish

4 otocinclus

1 betta

Sounds heavily stocked, but the tank looks pretty empty unless it's feeding time. I have stable water parameters and do a 30% water change every 7-10 days.

Assuming I'm not overstocked, can I add 10 green neon tetras without stressing the other fish? Primarily worried about whether I have enough territory/ swimming space for another group of nano fish. I'm not too worried about the bioload.

I initially bought them for a planted 29g (3 otocinclus and ramshorn snails), but I think they'd look amazing in the 40g. They'll be in the quarantine tank for the next 2-3 weeks.

20211023_205839.jpg

20211023_205323.jpg

20211023_205315.jpg

Edited by Ogpulchra
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

On 11/3/2021 at 8:14 PM, Ogpulchra said:

I have a heavily planted 40g breeder with:

17 kuhli loaches

15 strawberry rasboras

7 clown killifish

4 otocinclus

1 betta

Sounds heavily stocked, but the tank looks pretty empty unless it's feeding time. I have stable water parameters and do a 30% water change every 7-10 days.

Assuming I'm not overstocked, can I add 10 green neon tetras without stressing the other fish? Primarily worried about whether I have enough territory/ swimming space for another group of nano fish. I'm not too worried about the bioload.

I initially bought them for a planted 29g (3 otocinclus and ramshorn snails), but I think they'd look amazing in the 40g. They'll be in the quarantine tank for the next 2-3 weeks.

20211023_205839.jpg

20211023_205323.jpg

20211023_205315.jpg

All of those plants, you’re golden. Fear not! Add away… If you want to be extra safe, add more air in the back. I like two Ziss (never-clog) airstones with black CoOp airline.

Edited by Fish Folk
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 11/3/2021 at 5:50 PM, Fish Folk said:

All of those plants, you’re golden. Fear not! Add away… If you want to be extra safe, add more air in the back. I like two Ziss (never-clog) airstones with black CoOp airline.

I plan on adding another hob filter and an air stone. There isn't enough water movement when the plants fill in. Thank you!

Edited by Ogpulchra
  • Like 2