Realising I’m a complete rookie moment number 671……scratched glass

J.B

Just finished scaping and planting my second tank, very excited.

Bought it secondhand off Gumtree to save a couple of bucks to spend on plants. It looked good, the guy even told my without prompting how “fastidious” he was about caring for the glass….should have been a warning, what Australian ever said “fastidious “.

Two long vertical scrapes/scratches  down the front glass became obvious the moment I filled the tank…I cannot unsee them (insert scream…sobbing)

Do any of you fine people know if anything can be done¿

Do I have to seek a zen moment where I accept that I must have done something truely awful in a past life and karma has finally come visiting¿

47112E56-F053-4826-8F23-5FB290D50C69.jpeg

3A8CA500-0D58-498A-ADBE-515F5EB77541.jpeg

Are you 100% it is a scratch could it be tape residue from its time in storage.  🤞

I have no tips but will be following this with interest as I have manged to put a small line in the front centre of my tank and yep its all I can see.  

Your scape is lovely but I suppose one option is that would disguise the scratch is to move hard scape to shadow it and break up the line a little. 

On 10/28/2021 at 7:21 AM, J.B said:

Bought it secondhand off Gumtree to save a couple of bucks to spend on plants. It looked good, the guy even told my without prompting how “fastidious” he was about caring for the glass….should have been a warning, what Australian ever said “fastidious “.

That was funny, thanks! Also learned something new - Gumtree!