PICTURE OF THE NEW FISH RACK.....

FishyMike

HaHa yes sorry guys I got ahead of my self I was going to do a bigger write up. My plans are breeding apisto's and I have my wild caught L134s probably going in a 40 breeder at the bottom of the rack. I have my water supply going to a thermostatic water controller set to 78ish degrees then going thru a sediment filter and 2 carbon block filters and then thru my solenoid valves so I can controller water to the tanks.  

On 10/26/2021 at 1:57 PM, Wingman12r said:

What rack is that?

I'm just using  a rack I purchased at LOWES 800 LB shelf capacity.  EDSEL might be the name ill double check

On 10/26/2021 at 1:26 PM, Mikeo said:

HaHa yes sorry guys I got ahead of my self I was going to do a bigger write up. My plans are breeding apisto's and I have my wild caught L134s probably going in a 40 breeder at the bottom of the rack. I have my water supply going to a thermostatic water controller set to 78ish degrees then going thru a sediment filter and 2 carbon block filters and then thru my solenoid valves so I can controller water to the tanks.  

I'm just using  a rack I purchased at LOWES 800 LB shelf capacity.  EDSEL might be the name ill double check

Are the shelves MDF? How thick are they? What secures the upper and lower uprights together?

Sorry for all the questions, I bought the project source 24x48 rack this past weekend. It's also rated at 800lbs per shelf.

However the uprights are only held together by the rivets on the load bar. So I can't move the shelves to get the viewing heights where I want them. Also the MDF shelfs are only 1/4" to 3/8" thick. Seems very thin and I am worried about sagging and bending.

On 10/26/2021 at 3:53 PM, Wingman12r said:

Are the shelves MDF? How thick are they? What secures the upper and lower uprights together?

Sorry for all the questions, I bought the project source 24x48 rack this past weekend. It's also rated at 800lbs per shelf.

However the uprights are only held together by the rivets on the load bar. So I can't move the shelves to get the viewing heights where I want them. Also the MDF shelfs are only 1/4" to 3/8" thick. Seems very thin and I am worried about sagging and bending.

I had the exact same concerns! with sagging and bending but I'm only using 10's so at most ill only be around 400 pounds but I got a back up plan. At the fist sign of anything going array I have a bracket I can install in the center of the racks and I could also get some plywood and make my own shelfs. But im not going to lie right now they are very solid and the build quality is legit.

On 10/26/2021 at 3:04 PM, Mikeo said:

I had the exact same concerns! with sagging and bending but I'm only using 10's so at most ill only be around 400 pounds but I got a back up plan. At the fist sign of anything going array I have a bracket I can install in the center of the racks and I could also get some plywood and make my own shelfs. But im not going to lie right now they are very solid and the build quality is legit.

I welded the upper and lower portion of the uprights together so now I can move the center shelf where I want it.

2 10 gallon on the upper rack and a 20 long on the lower with the very top and bottom for storage. 

Walmart sells an under sink liner I'll be using to help protect the MDF from drips and spills.

• Love 1

On 10/26/2021 at 4:30 PM, Wingman12r said:

I welded the upper and lower portion of the uprights together so now I can move the center shelf where I want it.

2 10 gallon on the upper rack and a 20 long on the lower with the very top and bottom for storage. 

Walmart sells an under sink liner I'll be using to help protect the MDF from drips and spills.

Thank you for that I’m borrowing a page from your playbook! I’m going to pick some up tomorrow!! It is greatly appreciated

• Like 1

The flex isn’t that bad definitely not 1/2 inch. Everything looks good so far I took your advice with those plastic sheets from Walmart!! Thank you again! Id say 1/8 of an inch maybe. I can tell on 2 tanks the tops touch while the bottoms have the smallest gap.