Clear white spots?

abbie

Hi! I noticed something clear/white growing on my Anubis that I got from the coop and now am seeing it on tank glass? Fish seems fine and I did just upgrade my light from kit light so could it possibly be white algae? This is a super new tank and I am super new to the hobby. Id appreciate any help anyone could offer!

IMG_2814.jpeg

IMG_2816.jpeg

• Administrators

It is hard to tell from the photos. It could be a bit of bacteria, which is normal, especially in a newer tank. See if you can "swish" them off with current or a little brush. It could also be some organic matter that has settled on surfaces. If they look like miniature flat snails, they could be freshwater limpets, which are relatively harmless. 

If you can take a more detailed photos, that would help. Most likely nothing to be concerned about though. 

This is bacteria colonies/biofilm/ natural fungus. It is harmless. I get this whenever I introduce new wood especially mopani or sometimes in newer tanks. You can wipe it off or it will go away in time. Welcome to the hobby. 

I just seen your almond leaf. That will cause this in newer tanks. Again harmless

• Like 1