Nano tank stocking ideas

Wren.shi

Hi everyone! I'm trying to help set up a little aquarium for my mum in her living room. Does anyone have suggestions for stocking an unheated 2.5 gallon tank? I've already discussed shrimp with her and she is open to the idea, she just wanted to know if there are any fish that would work and I can't think of any. Thanks for your help!

On 10/12/2021 at 10:15 AM, Wren.shi said:

Hi everyone! I'm trying to help set up a little aquarium for my mum in her living room. Does anyone have suggestions for stocking an unheated 2.5 gallon tank? I've already discussed shrimp with her and she is open to the idea, she just wanted to know if there are any fish that would work and I can't think of any. Thanks for your help!

I think you can only do shrimp or snails, since the tank is quite small and not heated 

• Like 1

On 10/12/2021 at 12:58 PM, Odd Duck said:

Agree, 5-6 dwarf shrimp (Neocaridina) and a snail or 2 - depending on the size and species of snail but I would do a single thorned nerite for that size tank since they are solid workhorse snails and more than one would run out of algae to eat.

Ohhh yess , beautiful critters. This is mine definitely very good at controlling algae

239D6DDC-5F81-422C-9520-A8B09623B686.jpeg

• Like 3