Some kind of fungus

alcidmr

I just noticed one of my corydoras has fungus on its mouth I have it I a spaceman container not sure of the picture is clear. Can anyone know what to treat with because it's looks like is bad like cotton on his mouth so thinking is not just started thanks

16339729179441468733403302336997.jpg

Sorry for your Cory troubles. The problem may result from some low quality water and / or injury.

I’ve found API Fungus Cure to be good for treatment. If you have a cycled / established quarantine tank, use that. This medicine uses Victoria (Malachite) Green, and will stain your water and silicone.

API E. M. Erythromycin will also treat “cottonmouth.”

Oh ok can I treat the whole tank because the other corydoras barbels are short I guess because when I had molies with them the molies were fitting for food so I thinking they maybe bit off some parts of it. because all my 4 corydoras have missing barbs or what ever it's called. But there is one that it's worse with fungus or cotton on his mouth the othere don't just missing barbs.

You can also use ick x to treat cotton wool  fungus if you can't get hold of API fungus cure I would look at your water parameters if your Cory's are suffering from erosion of their barbels

Edited by Colu

On 10/11/2021 at 12:29 PM, Colu said:

You can also use ick x to treat cotton wool  if you can't get hold of API fungus cure I would look at your water parameters if your Cory's are suffering from erosion of their barbels

On 10/11/2021 at 12:29 PM, Colu said:

You can also use ick x to treat cotton wool  if you can't get hold of API fungus cure I would look at your water parameters if your Cory's are suffering from erosion of their barbels

yeah ill check again last week it was at  0 ammonia. 0 Nitrite.  Nitrate 25 or 35 PH always the same 7.6 L   7.4 H I'm about check again.