Co Op products in the wild

I work at my LFS and we get a lot of random used equipment in from people in the area when they’re getting out of the hobby or moving or whatever, and today we had someone who had our maintenance crew come out and take a Lot of stuff, much of which was brand new. 

Low and behold some of the aquarium coop gems I’m gonna be taking home with me 😅 there was more that could have been from the coop or at least inspired by but there was no proof. The blue pumps were from Amazon but I knew the coop had to have been an influence (tho oddly enough coop price is about 15 cents cheaper go figure)

It got me thinking tho, how often do you guys come across Co Op products in the wild?

EA97CCD4-693F-459A-9004-AF2DF4E90CED.jpeg

232C6C92-1818-48A6-9F3E-C33CCB45A0DF.jpeg

54AF951F-21B6-43DE-B2D9-7456C706E635.jpeg

• Like 2

NEVER! I wish people would do this in my community, I feel like so much is wasted when people quit the hobby. This is honestly one of the best practices I've seen from a fish store. 10/10, co-op should consider a "thrifted" bucket if they dont already have one.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 9/23/2021 at 3:19 PM, Atitagain said:

Never seen any either, whenever I’m at the box or LFS I always keep my eye out for other nerms, no luck so far. I’m always wearing my aquarium co-op hat basically no matter where I go.

I always wear my murphy hat when I go to a fish related event (like a visit to the LFS, club meeting, etc.)

One time I wore it out at public and a guy commented on the hat, figured he must have been a fellow nerm.

• Like 3

On 9/23/2021 at 4:19 PM, Atitagain said:

Never seen any either, whenever I’m at the box or LFS I always keep my eye out for other nerms, no luck so far. I’m always wearing my aquarium co-op hat basically no matter where I go.

On 9/23/2021 at 5:14 PM, James Black said:

I always wear my murphy hat when I go to a fish related event (like a visit to the LFS, club meeting, etc.)

One time I wore it out at public and a guy commented on the hat, figured he must have been a fellow nerm.

Funnily enough I come across the occasional Nerm in the store. Not super often but every now and then someone will come in wearing the shirt and I always make an effort to chat with them and comment on it

On 9/23/2021 at 3:25 PM, Keeg said:

NEVER! I wish people would do this in my community, I feel like so much is wasted when people quit the hobby. This is honestly one of the best practices I've seen from a fish store. 10/10, co-op should consider a "thrifted" bucket if they dont already have one.  

It is nice that we do that but it also is a bit of a logistical nightmare sometimes 😅 it almost requires a dedicated staff member, and it’s easy to get overwhelmed with stuff, but once we get caught back up on it it’s a great way for us to offer lower cost equipment options to the local community and it’s a great way to reuse stuff rather than let it go to waste.

• Like 2

On 9/24/2021 at 12:02 PM, Steph’s Fish and Plants said:

Funnily enough I come across the occasional Nerm in the store. Not super often but every now and then someone will come in wearing the shirt and I always make an effort to chat with them and comment on it

Lol I wear my ACO hat at my LFS and nobody says nothing (they do have their on YouTube channel tho) But that’s great us nerms do need to stick together and recruit at the same time😀

• Like 1