Ich

Iris

I’m not having luck with  getting rid of ick using ichx using per instructions  since 8/27 thought it was gone so treated for 2 more days and it came back ordered more ichx. How long do I wait to begin new medication. 29 gal planted tank. Raised Temp to 80 Bolivian ram, hill stream loach, tetras & Ottos. 

On 9/13/2021 at 6:58 PM, Tihshho said:

Are you running any carbon or chemical filtration media in your filter? I only ask because those generally reduce the effectiveness of medications if not strip them from the water completely. 

On 9/13/2021 at 6:58 PM, Tihshho said:

Are you running any carbon or chemical filtration media in your filter? I only ask because those generally reduce the effectiveness of medications if not strip them from the water completely. 

No carbon or chemical. Using filter floss and an air stone. I’ve removed rock and wood and have boiled them , not added back

Sometimes you can get case's of persistent ich or this could be a case of stress ich that why it's  reoccurring what are your water parameters have your Bolivian rams been showing aggression  to your other fish stressing them out have you added any new fish to the tank resently

Edited by Colu

On 9/13/2021 at 8:16 PM, Colu said:

Sometimes you can get case's of persistent ich or this could be a case of stress ich that why it's  reoccurring what are your water parameters have your Bolivian rams been showing aggression  to your other fish stressing them out have you added any new fish to the tank resently

My water parameters are good and I do regular weekly water changes. My rams are very peaceful. The only stress the tank has had was stress that I caused trying to take out some leopard Danios to transfer to another tank. They were to fast for  tankmates.  So is there a different treatment for ich caused by stress?

On 9/13/2021 at 8:16 PM, Colu said:

My water parameters are good and I do regular weekly water changes. Well now it’s daily and daily gravel vac. Ph  is 6.2-6.8  kh is on low side of40. Nitrate around 20 our water is soft. My rams are very peaceful. The only stress the tank has had was stress that I caused trying to take out some leopard Danios  to transfer to another tank. They were added two weeks prior & were not a good fit just to fast for  tank mates.  They were and still are ich free. So is there a different treatment for ich caused by stress? 

Edited by Iris

On 9/13/2021 at 9:44 PM, Colu said:

Sometimes using an ick medication with a different active ingredient such as kordon rid-ich plus or API super ick cure will have the desired effect when one treatment isn't getting on top of it

Ok I did treat with ich x today. What shall I do to change meds,do I  just do my water change tomorrow and add a different med or do I wait another day. Thanks for all the help this is killing me 🥲 I’ve never had this much trouble.