Adding some new Fish

dmurray407

I have a very understocked 60 gal tank (less than 10 fish) and want to start adding some new ones as soon as I'm sure my quarantine tank (10 gal)is cycled. I'm thinking of adding some Pygmy Corydoras (replacing some clown loaches that my grand daughter can take).  My water is fairly hard 8-8.4 so will that be a problem?  If I decide to do this, how many can I add at one time-I would like to eventually have a small school of 6+. Thanks for any suggestions!

I did a pygmy tank in 3 stages. First 6 were skittish then added 6 more better but still a bit skittish last 10 added now they are like a playground full of kids. Only skittish when i try to photo with giant hot pink phone 🤣. So the larger the group the safer they feel. I house the first group with baby guppies so they didn’t feel so scared until i got more. In a 60 gallon understocked well established add your entire group at once vi dropped all 22 into a 10 gallon that was well established previously as a male guppy grow out. Monitor and test and your good to go 😁 I hope you love your pygmy as much as i do and i hope this was helpful for stocking them. 

• Like 2