QT of panda corys

Beardedbillygoat1975

BA0C63A2-F182-4786-B997-B4FA8F9F8483.jpeg.baed9461daafc94216e816d329dd16bf.jpeg

I have 15 panda corys coming from an Aquabid auction I won. I’ve not had the best success in the past with them. Pygmys and aeneus corys I’ve never had issues with. So I want to get some best practices from the catfish fam on here to make this the best qt ever.

I have a 30 gallon tote set up. I’ll have 2 sponges setup. I could add a power head with or without venturi or a hob ac 70. I have some sand which I’m happy to put in but usually go bare bottom. I’ve got decor I can put in. 

Edited by Beardedbillygoat1975

I have a dozen blue leopard corys in a 20 gallon bare bottom.  Just a single large sponge filter.  No power filter for flow or anything.

Some Anubis’s and Java fern still in the pots.

I feed them Bug bites granules for bottom feeders. Some xtreme bottom wafers and some BBS once in a while for a treat. 

Have had them for about 3 weeks now and they just spawned and gave me eggs.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 9/9/2021 at 5:42 PM, Beardedbillygoat1975 said:

BA0C63A2-F182-4786-B997-B4FA8F9F8483.jpeg.baed9461daafc94216e816d329dd16bf.jpeg

I have 15 panda corys coming from an Aquabid auction I won. I’ve not had the best success in the past with them. Pygmys and aeneus corys I’ve never had issues with. So I want to get some best practices from the catfish fam on here to make this the best qt ever.

I have a 30 gallon tote set up. I’ll have 2 sponges setup. I could add a power head with or without venturi or a hob ac 70. I have some sand which I’m happy to put in but usually go bare bottom. I’ve got decor I can put in. 

Bare bottom lots of plants with plant weights to make them feel safe tote coop sponge aqueon clip on plant light is how I did my 12 pandas  6/6 two sources. Float drop. I had no  issues at all. Mine have spawned twice so far

• Like 1
  • Love 1