Help a newbie interpret parameters?

eolith

Hi friends. I am in the process of setting up a 10 gallon low tech planted tank. I have kept some fish in the past, but it has been quite a while and I'm trying to do it "right" this time.

My tank is set up with some plants and I have been adding some Easy Green but there are no fish residents just yet.

I have used the Aquarium Co-Op test strips to try to get a sense for my "baseline" parameters. The water hasn't had any additives aside from dechlorinator.

Based on my interpretation, it looks like the GH is relatively high for the "typical" PNW water, which surprises me? On the flip side, KH and PH look lowish.

I'm not sure how concerned (or not) I should be about these parameters? Should I add anything to try to change the parameters to benefit my plants and fish? I'm hoping to keep a Betta and a few Kuhlis -- although also open to suggestion if there are some fish that will do better in this water.650547530_IMG_20210908_1714564782.jpg.03c76e6aff271ec887fffd55465f6c36.jpg

Edited by eolith

I have soft pnw water too. I get a similar color for GH on the test strips but the API liquid test shows a lower reading. 
In any case I have good luck with Bettas and Kuhlis, but we actually have a great selection of fish that thrive in soft, acidic water. I’d add some Corydoras for sure!

Honestly those parameters look amazing to me! You have enough buffer to keep things stable, but your pH is still on the low side. I think you could do a betta no problem. Test the water the betta comes in to see if the GH is similar. If not, consider drip acclimating (assuming the betta hasn’t been in the bag for too long).