Not sure what this is but my Danios are hiding

tnnlynch

I seem to have cursed myself when I mentioned all my animals were doing fine in another thread.  My dither fish have stopped dithering and are all hiding behind my large rock where the plants are the densest.  When I poked them out of hiding I noticed one of them moves extremely slow and is resting on nearby plant leaves.  I have never noticed that behavior before with regard to the Danios.  No signs of disease or obvious damage though his gills appear to be slightly red. He is definitely not well, hiding and the others appear to be hanging around him. 

I did move some rocks in the tank the day before but at the time the only fish that kept getting in the way were the corys. Fairly minimal soil disturbance but there was some.  Water parameters seem fine.  Corys, cherry barbs, hillstream loaches, other danios and snails seem fine so far.  Shrimp seem as active and skitish as normal.

PH is from 6.4 to 7, KH ranges from 40 to 80.  NO2 and ammonia are 0, NO3 ranges from 25-50, GH is 300.  Temp ranges from 73-76 degrees F.

Any suggestions?

*Edit*

He swam slowly along the top of the planted tank so I was able to net him out into my QT plant only tank.  He is definitely not swimming well and seems to be mostly resting.

IMG_1145w.jpg

Edited by tnnlynch
updated information

Thanks.  Now that I read up on gill flukes it would seem likely.  His other gill is fine at the moment and from what little I can see of the other danios they seem fine.  I can easily medicate him in my 10g QT tank with paracleanse.  Would you be inclined to feed the main tank with medicated food or treat the other tank proactively?

The main tank seems fine at this point but I will keep feeding until I completely use the one package of paracleanse.  My sick Danio unfortunately is not improving.  The red gill has not gotten larger but has not improved either.  His swimming bladder is still impacted as he swirls all around.  I am planning on a course of maracyn at this point to see if that helps.

Just to wrap this effort up... The sick danio did not recover.  Gill flukes or gill disease he never did start eating again. One full course of Paracleanse and Maracyn had no obvious effect.  Tried epson salt baths for about a week in an effort to address the bloating and bladder control issue.   Rest of the fish in the main tank seem fine so hopefully that stays the same. 

@Colu  Thanks for the suggestions.

• Sad 2