Dehumidifier

Jimmy

On 8/22/2021 at 6:34 PM, lefty o said:

id think just about any small home dehumidifier would do the job. side note, classico is good sauce.

LOL. I’m trying to propagate enough for all my aquariums. Classico is one part of the recipe. There’s tiny units down to 30-40 bucks but I’m not sure if they will handle the room. I have an exhaust for temperature but I thought about putting it on a timer to go off maybe go off twice an hour to dump and exchange air

On 8/22/2021 at 9:38 PM, Jimmy said:

I’m trying to propagate enough for all my aquariums. Classico is one part of the recipe.

Same LOL I actively have 3 types of pothos propagating at all times for all my aquariums, my wife was so tired of me using pasta sauce jars so I finally got a little plant prop station that just has 3 nicer looking jars with a wood holder. 

On 8/22/2021 at 8:38 PM, Jimmy said:

LOL. I’m trying to propagate enough for all my aquariums. Classico is one part of the recipe. There’s tiny units down to 30-40 bucks but I’m not sure if they will handle the room. I have an exhaust for temperature but I thought about putting it on a timer to go off maybe go off twice an hour to dump and exchange air

ill bet you end up in the 100-150 dollar range for a dehumidifer. putting on a timer is a great idea, and also many home units can be made to drain through a hose. so if you had a space to route a 3/8" hose it could self drain.

On 8/22/2021 at 6:50 PM, lefty o said:

ill bet you end up in the 100-150 dollar range for a dehumidifer. putting on a timer is a great idea, and also many home units can be made to drain through a hose. so if you had a space to route a 3/8" hose it could self drain.

I will have to do some more research. Draining it is very smart

• Thanks 1

On 8/22/2021 at 9:43 PM, Jimmy said:

I will have to do some more research. Draining it is very smart

actually, even if the particular dehumidifier you get doesnt have the option, there is nothing to say you couldnt put a bulkhead fitting with a hose barb on it, and slap that onto the dehumidifiers water bucket. since you plan on a timer, it still wouldnt run 24hrs non stop.

• Like 1