Cause of Eye Injury in Betta?

FlyingFishKeeper

Hi, I noticed earlier today that my betta seems to have injured his left eye again. It's swelled up and cloudy. It was injured once in January when netting him out of the aquarium. He injured himself again a few months later in a way I don't know the cause of. (I came home and noticed his left eye was cloudy and swelled up). Then I've noticed the same thing again today. I'm starting to wonder if there's something in his tank causing it. I've noticed him sleeping close to the heater so I'm wondering if that could be the cause, although I don't have anything definite so any other ideas are welcome. Thanks! 25678220_ScreenShot2021-07-28at8_40_42PM.png.2486ded0975b90b183cdf4d10ffe7159.png.82ac336b547505967c42f89323713a82.png

Edited by FlyingFishKeeper
Added photo

I've always understood with injuries like that- when not obvious it's either an aggressor or a decoration. Was his eye completely healed the first time? I wonder if it's reinfection- or maybe it just keeps getting injured because he can't see well out of it? Do you have anything in the tank with a rough edge? Check the heater too just in case some plastic is sharp. I also wonder if needle- like plants can sometimes do it. 

• Thanks 2