Filter pads and media

Kyle murfitt

Poly foam for fry tanks I have a love hate with. They catch all the superfine baby food and keeps the water looking crisp so I love it.  They catch all the super fine baby food and clog quickly and mercilessly so I hate it.  I usually rubber band it around the intake instead of putting it inside so I can just pull it and replace it. Once I’m out of fine powder food stage I stick it as last layer in a hob or just stop using it. 

• Thanks 1

On 8/7/2021 at 9:46 PM, Guppysnail said:

Poly foam for fry tanks I have a love hate with. They catch all the superfine baby food and keeps the water looking crisp so I love it.  They catch all the super fine baby food and clog quickly and mercilessly so I hate it.  I usually rubber band it around the intake instead of putting it inside so I can just pull it and replace it. Once I’m out of fine powder food stage I stick it as last layer in a hob or just stop using it. 

Wooooord. Thanks !  I've also got a aco sponge filter coming in but wanted to get the HOB rolling to get things happening 

On 8/7/2021 at 9:54 PM, Guppysnail said:

Yeah inside your 20/30 would be great but in hobs you will clog up and overflow in a blink.(with fine) On the intake you can see it starts to suck in tight but won’t overflow just slow the flow 

20/30? Sorry a little confused.. so your saying in the canister the foam pad that's close to 20 or 30 ppi will work fine.  But the course pad on the left of the pic will clog and overflow a hob filter?

Edited by Kyle murfitt

On 8/8/2021 at 9:11 AM, lefty o said:

id be cautious with that stuff that says flame resistant on it. usually a good indication it has been chemically treated.

I just noticed that too but right under there is a box checked that says not fr material . If ya zoom on the pic think you can kind of see it