Hey crew, I hope everyone is doing really well. 

About 2 weeks ago I bought a few tetras rather spontaneously and didn’t have a quarantine tank so I bought this plastic tub from Bunnings (An Australian hardware store). It’s not too rigid and is 50L - although I haven’t been filing it completely. 

should I be worried about the set up spontaneously combusting?? There is some bowing of the plastic but it’s doing quite well and I haven’t noticed any cracks or anything like that. 

Im slightly worried it will burst or something but don’t know if this is just an irrational fear - so advice and experience would be greatly appreciated. 

Also I pulled a spawn from a bristlenose fair i have in a community tank who have been breeding in the driftwood but I’ve only just given them a cave. I have another bristlenose breeding project on the go but can’t see I to the cave and let them colony breed - so the babies stay in (I have multiple spawns in that tank. It’s pretty incredible to see how many babies there are. Even though I’ve got a tank teeming with them seeing the bucket full of fry is pretty crazy :))

PS. I hope no one has a breakdown over the rainbow gravel - I had it lying around after a 2nd hand tank purchase and wanted something ASAP so it got the call up haha

D3410D2C-53C9-4CBB-88BB-F432BF5D1BCE.jpeg

9E61BDF8-A84B-4486-9910-9C6C84DF334F.jpeg

3B7B60D3-9A8E-4A78-95A4-0C73361E5FD5.jpeg

A413BDE1-AD8A-42D7-88EB-4D1A1F08D2BB.jpeg

Edited by Jeremy_fishguy

On 7/24/2021 at 9:23 PM, Diving Aquarist said:

In my experience, plastic tubs are quite strong. A little bowing won't hurt it. It does depend on the quality, I don't trust tubs from the super budget stores that look like they'll break when you look at them.

Thanks for this. I am thinking it should be fine but thought I should ask for other people's experience incase I accidentally have a major issue ahah