Ghost Knife and Med Trio

Mr_Manifesto

Just an update,  after I added the med trio, the ghost knife started looking real bad, about 20 hours in the water and it started to turn cloudy and the fish was losing his slime coat...  made the decision to water change and add carbon to get the meds out.   He immediately started showing signs of improvement.   Its been several days now...  he still has the issue with flashing, and has some white spots, (doesn't look like ich) on his body,  they look more like where flukes might've been attached.   either way.  I'm not sure which med it was, but i suspect the Ich-X.   I did get a UV sterilizer, but dunno what that's going to do with the stuff on him already.   I may try to medicate again, but it will only be 1 med at a time.   The definitely sensitive to one or all of the meds in the trio.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Final Update: I raised temps and added a UV sterilizer to the quarantine tank.   Held temps above 87F for two weeks.   about 3-4 days in, all the visible ich was gone from his body.  He ate live black worms, grindal worms, BBS and bug bites then entire time and seemed active.  another week in quarantine with temps around 77F and he seemed perfectly fine.  I have seen no other worms attached to him, perhaps that short time in the meds killed them?  Anyway.  He's cleared quarantine and in a 55g to grow up a bit.   

• Like 1