Help? I need a Marineland Canister Filter valve block...

B1gJ4k3

So, this is definitely a long shot, but does anybody out there have (or know anybody who has) a dead Marineland Magniflow canister filter C-160 or C-220 they'd be willing to part out? My valve block is leaking and the Marineland website has been out of stock for three months. I can't find anything on eBay, Amazon, OfferUp, Craigslist or Mercari. It seems ridiculous to buy a whole new filter to replace one single part, so I'm hoping someone out there might have one they'd sell me? I'm happy to Venmo/PayPal/CashApp you if you'd send it to me. Anyone?

On 7/20/2021 at 5:50 PM, B1gJ4k3 said:

So, this is definitely a long shot, but does anybody out there have (or know anybody who has) a dead Marineland Magniflow canister filter C-160 or C-220 they'd be willing to part out? My valve block is leaking and the Marineland website has been out of stock for three months. I can't find anything on eBay, Amazon, OfferUp, Craigslist or Mercari. It seems ridiculous to buy a whole new filter to replace one single part, so I'm hoping someone out there might have one they'd sell me? I'm happy to Venmo/PayPal/CashApp you if you'd send it to me. Anyone?

Try ebay. Folkf have the option to list thing for sale as for parts only. Or maybe you can find a cheap used

Depending on where the leak is, you might be able to avoid replacing it. O-rings and gaskets tend to go bad over time but o-rings are pretty universal. If you have an old school hardware store or an auto parts store nearby and you take an o-ring there they can often find you a comparable replacement. If it's an oddly sized gasket that's leaking a good coating of petroleum jelly can often help it to seal better. If it's a flat rubber gasket that's causing the trouble, some scrap pond liner or a bicycle innertube can often be used to fabricate a new one. You have options other than replacing it if you can identify the source of the leak and get to the area.

I haven't had much luck for just the valve block on Facebook Marketplace or eBay. The real problem is that I've done the "buy a cheap used one for the valve block" trick twice now. So now I have three canister filters and only two functioning valve blocks.

It's definitely the valve block. The first thing I did when I found it leaking was to replace the O rings and gaskets. The leaking continued, so that's what started the whole canister filter shuffle I'm currently in.

I have two of these filters, the one I'm using has been in operation far longer than the warranty period, I like it. When I first set it up, I didn't trust the plastic clamps that came with the filter, so I used automotive hose clamps instead, this is why I thought your leak may have been a hose.