Two sick Guppies

Speedfox

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know what illness is causing the swelling/raised scales on the guppies body near its dorsal fin?

The one with half its tail rotted away has the same problem just on a different part of its body and its worse since it was the 1st one to get sick.

I can see very very fine white on parts of their fins like smaller than dust its very hard to see it. I have though it could be velvet but velvet is a different color?

I have tried the following things in the past 3-4 weeks with no luck:
Salt
Acriflavine
Malachite Green
Copper Sulphate

Both guppies are 1 year old.

Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 15
PH 8
Very hard water where I live

Any help appreciated thanks 🙂

20210719_203444.jpg

20210719_203510.jpg

20210719_203511.jpg

20210719_203533.jpg

20210719_203534.jpg

20210719_203618.jpg

20210719_203624.jpg

20210719_203703.jpg

If it's got pinecone apprance and raised scale it's more than likely dropsy I would Qarantine and treat with kanaplex in there food you will need seachems focus as it acts as a binding agent to mix with frozen food and kanaplex and  aquarium salt 1 table spoon for 2 gallons will help reduce the fluid buildup

• Like 1

On 7/20/2021 at 12:01 PM, Colu said:

If it's got pinecone apprance and raised scale it's more than likely dropsy I would Qarantine and treat with kanaplex in there food you will need seachems focus as it acts as a binding agent to mix with frozen food and kanaplex and  aquarium salt 1 table spoon for 2 gallons will help reduce the fluid buildup

Thanks for the reply 🙂 I have seen dropsy before and it doesn't look the same as that. Dropsy makes the whole body pinecone and this its just that small part on its back. 

On 7/20/2021 at 7:01 AM, Colu said:

Dropsy was my thought as well though I've only seen pictures of the whole body affected rather than a small part. Unless it's just the start?

• Like 1

On 7/20/2021 at 1:42 PM, Speedfox said:

Thanks for the reply 🙂 I have seen dropsy before and it doesn't look the same as that. Dropsy makes the whole body pinecone and this its just that small part on its back

I would still treat with kanaplex as it's more than likely a  bacterial infection

• Like 1