RCS rebreeding time line

BF McUmber

Hello all,  

We have 2 cherry shrimp that just gave birth to shrimpletts. Now everyone in the office is asking me how long till the two we have can breed again.  I can find lots of information as to how long it will take for the babies to get to birthing age, but not how often they can give birth.  Does anyone know how long it takes before a single shrimp momma can become berried again?

Well my timing of my question was just a little preemptive I guess.  My yellow shrimp is berried again today. The time line of her pregnancy was:

6/10 berried

6/27 babies "born"

7/8 berried again.  

Tank is at 75°

I also had one adult randomly die today... I guess reincarnation... if there was a scaling factor.  

Edited by bwar
  • Like 1

My experience as soon as they finish hatching mine either molt and begin producing a saddle then in  a week to 3 weeks they molt and get fertilized or some do not molt and just begin the saddle development. My guesstimate is if they have outgrown their exoskeleton they molt if not they dont. Just a guess and what mine do. I dont know the technical specs

• Thanks 1

I personally have had them breeding every month to month and a half. I found a good descriptive timeline going through the whole process and the mating, to when the female had eggs, to when the eggs are released to shrimplets in about 39 days tops, 27 days looks to be minimum. 

Breeding and Life Cycle of Red Cherry shrimp - Shrimp and Snail Breeder

• Like 1