aquachris

Got my fish room air system running. It is definitely overpowered until I get more tanks going (in progress). I'm having trouble with the air bleeding it is super loud. I know as I get more tanks it will help be less of an issue. What have yall done to quiet the air bleed part? I got an air compressor muffler thing off Amazon, so nothing special. But the air is kind of high pitched sound. 

Another thing I have a hard time getting the right pressure balance for the aquarium co-op sponges but my normal sponges work marvelous.

just a thought, but how many empty ports does it have? if it has some extra ports in it now, i would try and crack a few of them open a tiny bit to try and spread out what you are bleeding off. it might not do anything, but worth a try. conversely run one of the ports off into a box filled with foam to muffle the sound.

On 7/4/2021 at 11:30 AM, lefty o said:

just a thought, but how many empty ports does it have? if it has some extra ports in it now, i would try and crack a few of them open a tiny bit to try and spread out what you are bleeding off. it might not do anything, but worth a try. conversely run one of the ports off into a box filled with foam to muffle the sound.

Yeah I've done that on what my planned ones are and ran a hose behind the tanks to help quite that