My F1 crenicichla regani dwarf pike (01JAN21) are a huge variation of range and some of my F1 moliwe kribs are also growing quickly.

I know we have plenty here with exponentially more breeding knowledge than me. Does anyone have a general timeline for non-annual F1 fry to reach maturity and produce F2 generation fish? Planning on continuing a few projects into additional generations.

• Like 1

On 7/3/2021 at 5:59 PM, mountaintoppufferkeeper said:

My F1 crenicichla regani dwarf pike (01JAN21) are a huge variation of range and some of my F1 moliwe kribs are also growing quickly.

I know we have plenty here with exponentially more breeding knowledge than me. Does anyone have a general timeline for non-annual F1 fry to reach maturity and produce F2 generation fish? Planning on continuing a few projects into additional generations.

Excellent question! I do not have an answer, however, here is how I'd recommend digging:

(1) Go to fishbase.se, and in the dialogue box "Genus + Species" enter your latin binomial name [crenicichla regani]

(2) On the page that opens, check out the links under "Internet Sources." I clicked on CISTI -- the Canadian Science Libraries Network -- and found this very technical article that refers to the species (though not exactly answering your question)

(3) Look up the scholars who contributed to this, and see if you can discover where they're currently tenured:

2009110408_ScreenShot2021-07-03at11_47_06PM.png.8e568c0a98e43704e50a714501843587.png

(4) Now choose one . . . and e-mail them your question.

--Alternatively, back on the Species page of fishbase.se, just above the photo, click on the link labeled "pictures." You will find that several photos appear. Beneath each is the name of the uploader. The first one is 17 years old, but provides an e-mail. The second looks a bit more promising. Uploader was affiliated with the "Fish from Venezuela Foundation." His e-mail is also posted. Reach out. Who knows, maybe you'll have your answer quickly!

595427255_ScreenShot2021-07-03at11_53_08PM.png.92c24fcbd338ba64593e129c204ffb71.png

On 7/3/2021 at 9:53 PM, Fish Folk said:

Excellent question! I do not have an answer, however, here is how I'd recommend digging:

(1) Go to fishbase.se, and in the dialogue box "Genus + Species" enter your latin binomial name [crenicichla regani]

(2) On the page that opens, check out the links under "Internet Sources." I clicked on CISTI -- the Canadian Science Libraries Network -- and found this very technical article that refers to the species (though not exactly answering your question)

(3) Look up the scholars who contributed to this, and see if you can discover where they're currently tenured:

2009110408_ScreenShot2021-07-03at11_47_06PM.png.8e568c0a98e43704e50a714501843587.png

(4) Now choose one . . . and e-mail them your question.

--Alternatively, back on the Species page of fishbase.se, just above the photo, click on the link labeled "pictures." You will find that several photos appear. Beneath each is the name of the uploader. The first one is 17 years old, but provides an e-mail. The second looks a bit more promising. Uploader was affiliated with the "Fish from Venezuela Foundation." His e-mail is also posted. Reach out. Who knows, maybe you'll have your answer quickly!

595427255_ScreenShot2021-07-03at11_53_08PM.png.92c24fcbd338ba64593e129c204ffb71.png

Thanks much for the resource i will enjoy digging into that one. 

• Like 1