All One Molly Family

Fish Folk

We’ve been growing this Molly tank out, readying to sell them soon. Short video below. It’s really remarkable to reflect on  these all being brothers and sisters. Here were the parents...

5BB21022-78B5-4FDB-A385-C3ED6F5A272B.jpeg.9148ae0d9d079587e52e8e780a977218.jpeg

1F95CAB1-F985-46BD-BCDA-0EC246D6E6AE.jpeg.345e5d434f04bd3e9d24673d35709877.jpeg

And here now, with genetic color traits crossing out, here’s the offspring many months later...

The “lyre-tail” trait has virtually disappeared. It would be fascinating to see what proportion of the original Tangerine Koi Lyretail would return if these were bred together. I don’t think we’re patient enough. But maybe some  lucky kid will buy a pair someday, take them home, and be blown away when they drop fry that are wildly different colors!

Seriously... isn’t this hobby the best??!! 

• Like 2

Those molly are pretty sweet. Orange body and black dorsal fin get me everytime. This is definately the best hobby. It even teaches me animal psychology and genetics a bit. 

Briefly spotted a single mystery fry of something in the panda loach and limia perugiae tank today... grey about 1/8 inch and very much bottom dweller look to it. And of course it was the one time i didnt have the phone with me. I sense July will be a good hobby month up here. 

Edited by mountaintoppufferkeeper
  • Like 1