tips or suggestions on my new 5g planted

Patai3295

The tank came with a 3x3 square sponge pad for bio media I'm adding a few layers of 9x9 coarse pads for extra media to put behind the false backing along with a 25w heater hiding everything..I also got a fluval plant 3.0 led nano to replace the stock lighting.

Ive read to cut diamond shape holes in the tubing to allow extra flow behind the wall so the warm water gets less stagnant. I'm planning on doing that or a whole different idea being take the false wall completely out and get a nano hang on back filter..cant decide yet any suggestions?

Whats going in the tank so far is 1x micro sword,Vallisneria,amazon sword and down the road when its cycled a beta and afew small undecided little guys

I'm currently looking up in forums and doing some research but if anyone has any links or just ideas that might help I'd appreciate it thanks20210613_165205.jpg.47a1894458d44e523757d5a56ce140b7.jpg20210613_171418.jpg.f3d2f75a23b7a3a5d9d1ca66548a0758.jpg

Edited by Patai3295
  • Love 1

I like the all in one filters, there’s plenty of room for filter media and you can get a nice gentle flow. The only problem is the amount of space it takes up. You might only have four gallons of swimming space in the five gallon tank. 
The Fluval Plant Nano is great, but it’s very bright at full power. I run mine at 50% on my 11 gallon cube tank. The forum has a great thread on Fluval 3.0 programming. Check it out if you get a chance! 

Edited by Patrick_G

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/13/2021 at 9:20 PM, Patrick_G said:

I like the all in one filters, there’s plenty of room for filter media and you can get a nice gentle flow. The only problem is the amount of space it takes up. You might only have four gallons of swimming space in the five gallon tank. 
The Fluval Plant Nano is great, but it’s very bright at full power. I run mine at 50% on my 11 gallon cube tank. The forum has a great thread on Fluval 3.0 programming. Check it out if you get a chance! 

Just seeing this now.. thanks I'll check that out