The trio meds corys uses any info.

Maximus297759

So I just got meds going for 7 days. Should I repeat it in like theree weeks? Most parasites have like eggs or larva or a stage meds don’t kill them? 
I salted them for 7 days 1 tablespoon per gallon ranchu a seemed happy even perked up some. So I did 100% water change today and put tri on them. So I wait 7 days do water change then keep them 4 weeks quarantine watch for illness?

Edited by Maximus297759

• Administrators

The salt would have likely treated anything external. With the trio in there now, you let it soak for 1 week. Then 2-3 weeks later follow up with another round of paracleanse. After that week if they look good, they should be through quarantine.

I kinda mis understood trio info I don’t see anywhere it says take bio filtration out of the aquarium. I just assumed all meds will kill beneficial bacteria? 
So I should keep all biological media in quarantine unless I use salt correct???

I assumed since I wasn’t feeding them 7 days ammonia be 0 but test might have tad green to or maybe not. (Picture below looks good)

Anyways anyone that ever does ranchus I salted them 6 days at 1 per 3 gallons first day then 2nd day 1 tablespoons per 2 gallon then the third day 1 tablespoon per gallon I even went over tad with salt tablespoons. I use rock salt not fine granular salt.

100% water change to start trio treatment and 3 of ranchus set on bottom of the tank day or 2. But 3rd day with no food and trio meds all ranchus have perked up and there playing! 

I will wait 2 weeks in quarantine and just use paracleanse then wait 2 weeks add back to main is the plan I’m learning. 

2657ED8F-58BA-41CE-BEAA-9720EBC89E1D.jpeg

I have used them. Remove chemical filtration.  Test daily I only ever have them cause nitrites to spike for awhile and once ammonia. But my q tank recovered quickly on the bio filter side every time. ParaCleanse says on the box it may disrupt bio filter but the harm from ammonia and nitrite if you remove bio filter will hurt your fish more meaning more water changes and more meds and more expensive