Mystery Platy Illness

Adam Swarbrick

I am not at all sure what it is so I’m hesitant to drop random meds in in case it makes things worse. 
Interestingly the two growths protruding from his forehead yesterday appear to have gone. But there are still white areas that seam to be combing from below the scales.B6511668-38AB-42A1-8EDD-0F81725732F7.jpeg.1be8f393fe14aaae68c15e89080b186c.jpeg

53 minutes ago, Adam.S said:

I am not at all sure what it is so I’m hesitant to drop random meds in in case it makes things worse. 
Interestingly the two growths protruding from his forehead yesterday appear to have gone. But there are still white areas that seam to be combing from below the scales.B6511668-38AB-42A1-8EDD-0F81725732F7.jpeg.1be8f393fe14aaae68c15e89080b186c.jpeg

It looks like excess slime coat production/mucus to promote healing. So that, I think, would point to some sort of wound/laceration on the head...

• Thanks 1

Based on my own recent experiences, I would say that you test your water and check for changes, vacuum out mulm, ensure good water flow, and then do a bog water change. if you need to address any livebearer water issues such as low gh, kh, or ph do that and watch to see if anything changes with all your fish. All this can be done with no meds or knowledge of what it is. It may not go away magically but it will make treatment more effective.

• Thanks 1